SHOULD I HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER?
Many clients think that they can plan their event alone and save money for their budget. Keep in mind that just like weddings; no two wedding planners are the same. Some have more experience and skills than others. Some are more professional than others. You would be amazed to know that many wedding planners sometimes wait until the night before the event to contact my company and go over details as far as the timeline, special music requests, the requirements as far as power needed for my equipment and lighting, and other details that are vital to making your special day run smoothly. As the owner of a professional Los Angeles Wedding DJ and Event Entertainment service I make it a duty to contact the wedding planner and/or bride to assure these details are covered; however, this should be something that the wedding planner handles his/her self.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring an event planner for your wedding.
- You Will Save Time- Planning a wedding will take anywhere from 9 months to a year. The wedding planner will help with the following:
- Choosing a Venue
- Vendor meetings
- Suggest bridal dress and tux shops
- Selecting floral arrangements
- Engagement parties
- You Will Save Money- Wedding planners will build relationships with vendors, and they often receive discounted rates that a quality planner will pass on to their clients. Over time, wedding planners gain extensive knowledge and wisdom; providing budget-saving secrets and details that you may not be aware of.
- You Will Benefit From Their Knowledge/Experience- They will have experience working with vendors and will recommend vendors that are truly professional which will make them look even more professional in return.
- Beware that some wedding planners will make referrals based on a referral fee they receive from vendors for securing their services. Be sure to check out the vendor they suggest since they might not be the best quality for your event.
- You Will Save STRESS- This is in my opinion one of the most important benefits of a Professional and Quality wedding planner.
- On the day of the event, your event planner will make sure of the following:
- Your gifts are properly secured;
- The flowers for your event are properly placed;
- Place cards for the reception arrangements are placed; and,
- Your guest book, unity candle, toasting glasses and any other special items that are important to you are saved and stored safely.
- They will be prepared for emergencies- A wedding planner is prepared for just about anything. They commonly carry an emergency kit filled with buttons, needles, thread and other times that in the heat of the moment can turn a near-disaster into a heroic save.
- Ask your wedding planner about the preparations they have made to prevent problems (or to resolve them, should they occur).
These are a few reasons why I suggest hiring a wedding planner for your Extremely Important Celebration. If you decide not to hire a wedding planner, I will use the 14 years experience as a wedding DJ to help make sure your wedding runs as smoothy as possible. For an example, the glasses are filled and ready for toasts, there is a knife next to the cake when it is time to to do the cake cutting, the parents are ready and available for their father/daughter, mother/groom dance(The last thing you want is for mom/dad to be in the bathroom when you call them out for their special dance with their child)
You can always feel free to give me a call or email if you have questions concerning your special day!